Popular Posts

Saturday 20 October 2018

Hallowe'en Ken

For someone who likes to make costumes, Hallowe'en is a wonderful time.  I once made my small son a devil costume.  I used a pattern from my mother's collection for the red shirt, red pants and an evil black and red cape.  The pattern included a helmet-shaped red hat with stuffed cloth horns. 

Two days before Hallowe'en it was finished and I dressed him in his beautiful costume.  He stared up at me from under his long blond bangs and his big blue eyes were angry.  "You look great," I enthused.  "What a scary devil you are!"

His little brow furrowed.  "Yes, " he said.  "But I'm going to be a dragon."

Ken is going to be a devil.  I couldn't make stuffed cloth horns in his size so I used bamboo barbecue skewers, and coloured them red.  A quick surgical procedure drilled holes into Ken's head allowing for easy insertion.

Ken's pet raven while certainly bird-brained, is now by far, the smarter of the pair but no sacrifice is too much for Hallowe'en.

No comments:

Post a Comment